Oregon Preschool, Inc (OPI) is a play-based non-profit parent cooperative preschool. Our mission is to provide opportunities for children to stimulate their love for learning during the most formative time of their lives. OPI is governed by a parent board of directors, which creates a wonderful opportunity for parent involvement in our classrooms. More detailed information about our program can be found at: www.oregonpreschool.org
We are currently seeking a part-time preschool teacher who would teach opposite of and collaborate with an experienced teacher. This position is responsible for teaching a morning and afternoon session of preschool classes, each 2.5 hours long, two days per week, Monday & Wednesdays.
Skills and Experience
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others and be able to relate well to children, families, staff and the community.
- Work collaboratively with co-teacher, board of directors, family members and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with childcare licensing requirements.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities.
- Must have Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent course work.
- Must have or be in the process of obtaining a Department of Public Instruction (DPI) license provided by the PS/CCP, as guided by WI Admin. Code PI 34.
- Paid time off
- SIMPLE IRA 3% matched
- Continuing education stipend
Interviewing candidates Monday, May 17 in the evening (unless selected candidate needs an alternate day).
Offer made by 6/4/21
E-mail subject line should read Attn: HIRING COMMITTEE