Position: Executive Director
Status: Exempt – Full Time
Reports To: Board of Directors
Manage, direct and implement all functions, activities and operations of the Chamber.
- Implement the Chamber’s strategic plan while observing the Chamber’s mission and values.
- Serve members of the Chamber through recruitment and retention activities.
- Manage all organizational finances to include membership records, monthly reporting and annual budgeting.
- Direct all communications from the Chamber including email, newsletter, social media, press releases and public speaking.
- Maintain facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for all personnel activities including recruiting, hiring, discharging, training and developing, performance management, compensation, coaching, mentoring and compliance.
- Assure proper communication regarding expectations, policies, procedures, priorities and work expectations.
- Responsible for maintaining positive staff morale, professionalism and an engaging work environment.
- Help select appointments for committees.
- Organize committee projects and ensure committee work is being done.
- Provide minutes, agendas, supporting materials and notices for board meetings.
- Manage the flow of ideas and projects through committee processes.
- Chamber liaison and spokesperson for member businesses regarding ongoing development.
- Enhance relationships with village leadership team, school district administration, real estate firms, brokers and other individuals and organizations involved in economic development in the area.
- Develop and/or assist in creating programs and activities that will promote the Oregon community as a good place to locate and grow businesses and jobs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate/Organize events with the board.
- Attend events.
- No vacations three weeks prior to large events such as the Annual Dinner, Summer Fest, etc.
- Operate in accordance with the Bylaws of the Chamber
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Suggest and initiate improvements that enhance the efficient operation of the Chamber.
- Maintain editorial relationship with the Oregon Observer, Oregon Cable Access, and other local media.
- Professional behavior, presentation and dress. Some events may require costumes or uniforms. As a representative of the Chamber and the Oregon area business community, professional conduct is expected outside of the office and on social media as well.
- Attend appropriate Chamber, village and community meetings and events (nights and weekends included).
- Review and evaluate legislation, pending or proposed, that will have an impact on Chamber goals and policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and willingness to regularly engage in public speaking.
- Driver’s license, auto insurance and dependable vehicle. Personal vehicle is frequently used to transport materials and equipment to events. (Mileage reimbursement available).
- Physical Requirements
- Regular standing and walking.
- Regularly lifting and/or moving 5 pounds of less, and occasionally lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- To Be Discussed.